perpetual beta

The VCFA MFA in Graphic Design Program Blog

“In Residence” is designed by Graphic Design alumnx Sarah Flood-Baumann (GD ’16).

November 26, 2023

🌟 Sneak Peek! Coming to your mailbox soon! This year, the VCFA alumnx magazine “In Residence” is designed by Graphic Design alumnx Sarah Flood-Baumann (GD ’16).
Here is the link to the digital version:
Sarah: “I have 12+ years of design experience under my belt and in 2016 I snagged my MFA in Graphic Design from Vermont College of Fine Arts. To top it all off, my work has won some fancy design awards that I’m still gooped, gagged, and gobsmacked over.
All the book-making magic happens in my Lexington, Kentucky home design studio where you’ll find my rescue pup, Dolly Rebecca Barkton, snuggled up under my desk. #InDollyWeTrust
My work informs my life and my life informs my work so I’ve got a full-of-love household with a supportive partner and two adorable kids that routinely pinch all my art supplies.
I respectfully acknowledge that my home and design studio resides on the traditional territory of the Osage, Shawnee, Cherokee, Adena, and Hopewell peoples. I offer my gratitude to the First Peoples for their care for, and teachings about our earth…”