perpetual beta

The VCFA MFA in Graphic Design Program Blog

Leftovers

July 14, 2015

VCFA faculty Tasheka Arceneaux-Sutton on her latest exhibition Leftovers.

October 3, 2014-January 15, 2015, I was a part of a two person show at the Collins C. Diboll Art Gallery at Loyola University New Orleans. It was an Alumni Highlights Exhibition, which was the first of its kind, where the faculty and gallery director at the university chose one graphic designer and one fine art alumni to exhibit their work.

My show was titled Leftovers, which is a collection of work that was never used before in the final production or presentation of any project. Some of the work was a part of process leftover from client work, work from graduated school, sketchbooks, and self-initiated projects. The idea was to create something new from the work that was leftover, be it an artist catalogue of illustrations, wrapping paper, a sketchbook, posters, or simply just framing the images and displaying them. Leftovers also consist of leftover ideas for projects, leftover image-making techniques, leftover concepts and subject-matter. Most of the work in the show was either stored in a white process box leftover from graduate school, on my external hard drive, on my laptop or in my head.

I created some guidelines for printing: I could not buy any new paper, picture frames or binding materials, I had to use whatever I had in my office at home, at work and in my studio. The only thing that I could purchase was ink for my printer.

Leftovers is also about questioning what it means to frame and present work in a gallery space. Does framing artwork make it more “precious,” or “legit” and what type of presentation is appropriate for the gallery space and what’s appropriate and what’s not? Most of the work that is framed is outside the frame or it doesn’t have glass over it or the frames are damaged and there’s also layering of images, which has lot to do with my process.

I’m currently in the process of designing a website for the show and designing a catalogue.
url clone | 【発売情報】 近日発売予定のナイキストア オンライン リストックまとめ – スニーカーウォーズ