perpetual beta

The VCFA MFA in Graphic Design Program Blog

We need to talk. We’re growing apart.

September 25, 2017

We need to talk. We’re growing apart. We should see other people. We should just be friends. We can’t be friends. I don’t know who you are anymore. I don’t know who I am anymore. I love you. I hate you. Don’t leave me.

Subject of countless songs, films, novels and therapy sessions, break-ups are universal and yet the sting of one can feel so very specific. Are the clichés true? Are the formulas for recovery accurate – one month per every year you were together? Does this hurt me more than it hurts you?

I Love You. I Hate You. Don’t Leave Me. features the work of current students and alumni across VCFA programs. Using a variety of media, the artists examine the culture of break-ups, its messiness, heartache and triumph. They expand the definition of what it means to end a relationship, asking—can you break-up with family? Friends? Yourself?

Come see new work by current VCFA students Sam Flora, Jason Fowler, Katie Krcmarik, and Heather Snyder-Quinn, amongst many more!

Exhibition Hours:

9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Monday – Friday
September 9 – 24
Join us for a reception on Friday, September 22, 5-7 p.m.
Also check out the I Love You. I Hate You. Don’t Leave Me. playlist of break-up anthems! The artists and exhibition organizers selected their top picks for the best songs that let you cry, scream and move on.latest Running Sneakers | Nike Air Jordan XXX Basketball Shoes/Sneakers 811006-101 Worldarchitecturefestival