perpetual beta

The VCFA MFA in Graphic Design Program Blog

Process-Pierre-Bowins-VCFA-MFA-Graphic Design

Process: Pierre Bowins

June 1, 2017

This Process post highlights the work of VCFA MFA candidate Pierre Bowins. Pierre’s research has been largely focused on exploring the history of African American Graphic Design and African American Graphic Designers. He has produced a number of publications exhaustively exploring history alongside installation work that explores history, materiality, and the metaphysical aspects of graphic design.

ThiStory

Cover design for my book, THiStory, developed to bring to the forefront Black American designers of the 20th century and their contributions to design.

Cover design for my book, THiStory, and an inside spread featuring Gail Anderson.

Cover design for my book, THiStory, and an inside spread featuring Thomas Miller.

African American Designer Timeline

Small version of a timeline created to organize my research on Black American designers with abbreviated biographies juxtaposed to the Euro-American designers during the art movements of their time.

Print

Cover design for my book on books, PRINT: Inspiring racial pride, and an inside spread featuring Walker’s Appeal. This book on books showcases Black American newspapers and literary magazines of which I have researched and curated.

Inside spread of Spook, a literary zine highlighted in my book on books, PRINT: Inspiring racial pride, designed and curated by Pierre Bowins.

Inside spread of The Chicago Defender, a newspaper highlighted in my book on books, PRINT: Inspiring racial pride, designed and curated by Pierre Bowins.

jordan Sneakers | Women’s Nike Air Max 270 React trainers – Latest Releases , youth boys nike sunray sandals clearance outlet