We’re happy to spread the news once again about Vermont College of Fine Arts’ new, interdisciplinary Protest Art and the Art of Protest Assembly, to be held on our beautiful Montpelier campus from August 18-21. https://www.facebook.com/events/1858762051079037/
Take a look at the mind blowing weekend we have planned with our guests:
– Nate Marshall http://www.natemarshallpoetry.com/
– Kevin Lo: https://www.lokidesign.net/
– Maple Rasza http://www.enmassefilms.org/razsabio.htm
– Nikki Juen http://www.nikkijuen.com/about/
– Silas Munro http://adcyoungguns.org/profiles/Silas-Munro
– Lauren Markham http://www.laurenmarkham.info/writing/
Our vision for the four day assembly includes a mixture of presentations, panels, and the launching of collaborative and individual projects emerging from discussions such as:
– Identity, Intention, and Creative Communication: How might Artists remain Authentic in the Service of Social Change?
– Urgency in the face of Environmental (and Global) Emergency: Can our Art be Timely as well as Enduring?
– Oppositional Graphic Design: The Power in Creating Critical Images and Subversive (such as anti-capitalist) Narratives,
– Is there an Us in the U.S.? Immigration Policy and the Construction of Nation, Community, Neighborhood, and Self.
We hope you find this as exciting as we do, and we invite you to share this.